In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   Klaus Johannes Rusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mick Burrell wrote:
> >
> > Writing Part 1 set me thinking! Unless I am misunderstanding how this
> > report works, if a link to my site from elsewhere is broken, how would
> > the information get to my site to appear in the report?

> Your webserver logs all requests, whether successful or not.

Sorry - perhaps I didn't explain that very well or I'm being particularly
dim! If my site is www.midtowncottages.com and a referring site has it as
www.mudtawncitaggos.com then surely the link would fail without getting
to my site's webserver to be logged as unsuccessful.

Or is it perhaps just able to log www.midtowncottages.com/testing.html as
a failure if the file testing.html does not exist?

--
Mick Burrell