venu malyala ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Tuesday, December 03, 2002 8:10 PM):

> Hello,

> I'm facing a real weird problem. We use analog to
> generate a dat file and then the report magic to
> generate the actual report. Here's a sample config
> file:

> LOGFILE 1.gz
> LOGFILE 2.gz
> LOGFILE 3.gz
> LOGFILE 4.gz
> LOGFILE 5.gz

> The problem is, analog is not parsing all the logs. It
> processes say until 3.gz and reportmagic's kicking off
> and I'm not getting any errors.

> Any help is appreciated.

Try running Analog without Report Magic and looking at the results.
You can use the OUTPUT HTML for testing to make the reports human
readable. Once you get all the issues figure out, then add Report
Magic and work from there.

If Analog continues to appear to only process some log files, use the
SETTINGS ON in your Analog configuration to have it write a quick
report of what it thinks the settings are and what it should be doing.
This may give you insight as to what configuration files it is reading
and what log files it has found.