I don't know, but my first guess would be that this site uses a forwarding page in
order to track click-throughs and such. Meaning, if you click a banner ad on
page1.html, it forwards you to aindex.html before sending you to the final target
site. This forwarding could be so quick that it would be transparent to the user.

james

James Riemermann
MN Office of Tourism
651/297-2077
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For travel info: www.exploreminnesota.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/11/02 04:48PM >>>
I tried to find the answer to this question on Analog's site but could
not.  Apologies if this has been answered before.

I put some ads for my site WebsiteHelpers.com on my other site at
BicycleAustin.com.  The same ad appears in the same place on each of the
100+ pages on BicycleAustin.com.  However, the statistics for
WebsiteHelpers.com seem to say that users clicked onto
WebsiteHelpers.com from only one page at BicycleAustin.com,
"aindex.html", which is not a very popular page on that site.  What I'm
saying is that I can't believe that all my traffic to WebsiteHelpers
from BicycleAustin came from just one obscure page on BicycleAustin.
Here's the excerpted stats in question:

Referrer Report
Listing referring URLs with at least 1 request for a page, sorted by the
number of requests.

#reqs: #pages: %bytes: URL
-----: ------: ------: ---
    17:      1:  3.32%: http://bicycleaustin.com/aindex.html
    16:     16: 14.24%: http://www.google.com/search

So I guess my questions are:

(1) Is there some sort of problem and my stats aren't being reported
correctly?

(2) Does Analog show only one page from a given domain if multiple pages
from that domain were referrers?

(3) If that's so, then does Analog tally up all the different requests
from the different pages and include the total as "#reqs"?  Or does
"#reqs" reflect only the requests from the specific page referrer
listed, and leave me in the dark about how many requests came from other
pages on the same site?

(4) What is the difference between "#reqs" and "#pages"?  At first I
thought that #pages was the number of distinct target pages on
WebsiteHelpers that were referred to, except that that would mean I had
16 requests from Google for 16 different pages, and I don't think I even
have 16 pages total on that website.

Thank you very much for any light you can shed on this for me.

Thanks again,

Michael Bluejay