Hi!

I have searched the faq, and did a cursory search of this list but didn't find my topic, so here goes...

Is there a simple way to use analog as a file access counter?

I have a program available for download, and I'd like to count the number of times the file is accessed. A simple cgi counter works, but most download sites require a link directly to the file, so these downloads don't get counted.

I have looked for a script to do this, but haven't found one. I would think that many people would find such a script useful. Is there any chance that analog could be used this way? If not, could the program be modified, paired down, so that you could point it at a file, and do an ssi on a page? I simply don't have the background to carry this off.

Thanks,

Chris Brown
spectrascope.com