Hsiao Ketung Contr 61 CS/SCBN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My Analog run now without error messages with the correct DNSFILE file
> format.
> But I decide the unresolved IP address is not important and I use
> DNS_NONE in the anlghead.h file now.

Why are you modifying anlghead.h? Why not just put DNS NONE into
analog.cfg?

> and
> use SUBDOMAIN *.*.*.* in the my .cfg file instead.
>
> But I don't quite understand the result that I cut and pasted below:
> 354: 11.20%: [unresolved numerical addresses]
>   45:  2.18%:   66
>   36:  1.85%:     66.168
>   36:  1.85%:       66.168.253
>   22:  1.00%:   138
>   20:  0.91%:     138.13
>   21:  0.80%:   216
>   20:  0.75%:   159
>   16:  0.70%:     159.178
>   16:  0.70%:       159.178.239
>   12:  0.57%:   204
>   22:  0.54%:   206
>   19:  0.51%:   198
>
> Does this report means that the sum of 45+36 ... = 354  ?
No, it would be 45+22+21...

> Also, it give report up to the 3rd level of IP start with 66 or 159,
> but it does not do the same for
> IP start with 138.
>
> Is there a way to resolve this ?

It's probably to do with floors. (the hosts in 138 are spread over so
many different subnets that none of them are high enough to be
displayed). But I can't remember the default settings right now.

Aengus