Eric Paschoalick Chaves ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Monday, January 06, 2003 7:18
AM):

> Hi fellows,

>     I'm analizing some log processing files in order to pick one as my
> report generator. I run a VXML (voice-xml) site wich handles phone calls
> and allow people to access audio content (like news, sports and etc).
> Those files are acessed trough a web server (IIS) just like normal web
> sites. However, unlike normal web traffic, I need to be able to track
> down every hity that a single user has made during each call, ie I need
> to see track "visit flow" on the site. I'd like to know if this is
> possible with analog, maybe using cookies or URL parameters that will as
> a group criteria, instead of grouping hits by pages.

> Could anyone tell me if this is possible?

> Cheers,

> Eric.

> ps.: Since English is not my best language, I'm not sure if I was clear
> enough. If not, please tell me and I'll try to re-write the message.

Analog was designed to handle HTTP which does not include any service
for tracking state. With caches, proxies and such it is impossible to
exactly determine which web requests came from which users. Therefore
Analog does not attempt to estimate this. See
http://analog.cx/docs/webworks.html for the complete argument.

I don't know much about how VoiceXML servers handle requests and state
(session) management, but in any case, you can usually "hijack" one of
the variables (say %u of you have not authenticated users) by writing
your own log format so it is used to track cookies. Then you can use
the User report to get a count of sessions. You can't get a list of
paths for the other reasons listed in the above document and due to
memory / processing constraints mentioned in FAQ item
http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq128.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group