Hi,

Mail from HansPeter and Jeremy intriged me to do a test.

The results I get are what I would expect from Analog,
so somewhere on the line HansPeter is doing something wrong, or might it be
the version?
Jeremy using 5.24, me using 5.30, HansPeter 5.22 (as I recall?).

Below the logfiles I tested together, and  separate.

LOGFILE \copylog\adamnet\2002\gz\access.log.07.gz
LOGFILE \copylog\adamnet\2002\access.log.11
LOGFILE \copylog\adamnet\2002\access.log.12
LOGFILE \copylog\henk\2002\henk0207.log
LOGFILE \copylog\henk\2002\henk0211.log
LOGFILE \copylog\henk\2002\henk0212.log

And see the differences of input logs

The first is a .gz making no trouble in between the others.
There are logfiles from 2 sites, my own, (henk) en of a library
organisation (adamnet).
All logfiles together or just two or three randomly, they do give
me the results from all logfiles I include
(either tested seperately and adding up the number), or tested together.

The FUNNY :=)  thing though is that as soon as I include two logfiles
 from two different sites that carry the same number in the logfile name,
or maybe name-part (so minimum 2 letters or numbers the same next to each other
in the logs-name),
 so say for adamnet (07) en for henk (07) analog gives the WARNING
of overlapping, but the results are still what I would expect
 Analog does add the numbers and I checked it for month 7
 seperately and both together.

Little bit strange though such a warning :=) but counting is down
as expected.
So I think HansPeter is still doing  something ?????,
or is it just version 5.22 that shows wrong results as he describes????

Greetings,
Henk

Henk Schrik
tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website: http://henk.schrik.nl
or        http://henk.schrik.org

Henk Schrik
NIWI - Nederlands Instituut voor Wetenschappelijke  Informatiediensten
tel. 020-4628664
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website: http://www.niwi.knaw.nl