Powers, Jamie A. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My supervisor has asked for the following numbers for one of our
> sites.
>
>>       1.  Number of unique users who log on per month.
>>       3.  Number of logons per unique user per month.
>>       4.  Average session time.
>
> I think she used to get similar numbers from Webtrends but we are
> using Analog Reports now.  Assuming I used IP address to mean 'unique
> user' I could use the host report to determine the number of 'unique
> users' (though that is not really what unique user is to me),

So what is a "unique user" to you? Have you configured your web server
to log these "unique visitors" as such? Because if you haven't, then no
log analysis tool can tell you how many "unique visitors" you had.

> beyond
> that though I don't see a way to provide this specific information in
> Analog, can you point me to something I might be missing?

If you have a "unique visitor" field in your log files (a sessionID or
unique user cookie) then Analog can give you a report on them. If you
don't have the information in your log file, Analog won't make it up for
you.

Aengus