We have a site, with lots of client sites, mostly broken up by
subdirectories of the main URL (eg, http://host.domain.com/client/*)

This much is easy.

The messy bit gets where we have domains tied to the directory as well.

>From trying various things, it looks like I can do a intersection of
the two, but not a superset...

eg, say I want everything that matches /testpage/* and test.domain.com,
I'd throw something in like:

FILEINCLUDE ^/testpage/*
VHOSTINCLUDE test.domain.com

the problem is, this will only catch stuff that is *both* in /testpage/
and under test.domain.com - so, for example, a request for
other.domain.com/testpage/index.html, while being part of the same site,
would get excluded - as would a request for http://test.domain.com/
(admittedly this isn't a big problem for the second, but the first is a
bit more of a stumbling block)

Am I confusing something somewhere, and misunderstanding the
documentation? I've trawled through it, but other than declining to make
it more readable on grounds of I'm not sure I understand it, I haven't
had any luck...

Is this something that analog won't do, or am I just missing some
config line somewhere?

If it helps, I can paste the entire config here, but I'm doing something
on the order of 300 report for various clients across a squid logfile of
roughly 1.6Gb/day, uncompressed, including mime headers for referrer
information. I'm pondering having a seperate referer log, but as we're
already running three squid boxes and sorting the logfiles into one, it
could get somewhat complex...

Many thanks,
Rob Dawson