Just me then?

There are lots of uses I could put this to, but maybe that is just
because we have such large amounts of data to deal with that the ability
to chop our logs up into manageable chunks very quickly would be
invaluable.

Some examples:
1) My biggest data job is auditing the site. I use analog to give me a
top-line daily page impression count for a month's data.
This requires lots of exclusion rules which can get quite complex.
To verify the claim I send the auditors sample log data for a number of
random days which they then use to try and match the figures. This very
painful and drawn out task would be a whole lot easier if I could just
send them the log data for the records that have been counted.

2) Sometimes when trying to design a particular analog report it is not
always clear if parameters have done what I expect them to do. Having
the accepted log lines available would make it easy to check this.

3) We already do lots of pre-filtering of logs but the scripts we use
are less configurable and probably slower than analog.

4) Cache files are not a substitute for log file format. Cache files may
not include all the info you want for a second run on the data. You
can't eyeball them to see what they contain.

5) We have lots of sub-sites and don't have time/resources to do all the
analysis that individual producers want. With this we could produce a
separate data set that we could give them to do their own work on.

Regards,
Danny Freedman