Aengus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:29 AM):

> Silva, Ro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Please excuse me if someone has asked this before.  We recently
>> changed the pages on our Web site such that the number of hits to the
>> following (as an example) does not show up in our analog report:
>> http://www.revenue.state.co.us/TPS_Dir/wrap.asp?incl=forms_download
>>
>> The file would be receiving many hits this time of year.  It's our
>> Colorado income tax forms page.
>>
>> The file is actually named forms_download.htm but it does not show up
>> in our monthly report.
>>
>> How can we get counts of these individual htm files?  Analog appears
>> to be counting only total hits to anything that's in the "wrapper,"
>> which is listed in the Analog report as  /tps_dir/wrap.asp
>>
>> Our older files that have a .html extension DO show up in the report,
>> but these are now redirect pages.  Should we go back to naming
>> everything .html so the counts will show up again?

> First of all, Analog will report on what's in your log files - it
> doesn't know anything about how your server is set up. If you have a
> look at a section of your log file. It will help you to understand what
> Analog is reporting, and why.

> You web server should be configured to log arguemnts that are passed to
> a script that way. See the Analog documentation for more detail:
> http://www.analog.cx/docs/args.html

> If you are logging the arguments that you are passing to your wrapper
> script, then you can get a quick look at what pages are being called by
> using the Search Query report by specifying
> INTSEARCHENGINE /TPS_Dir/wrap.asp incl

> But if you are also using the Search Engine report to report on external
> search engines then you will need to use an alias to get the arguments
> into the request report. I'm going to leave it to someone else to post
> an example, because the only think I know about regular expressions is
> that I always get them wrong!

If you just want to see these entries in your Request Report, use the
ARGSINCLUDE command like this:

 ARGSINCLUDE /TPS_Dir/wrap.asp

See http://analog.cx/docs/args.html#ARGSINCLUDE for details.

IIRC, there are separate Internal Search Query and Search Query
reports so if you are tracking search engine results, the
INTSEARCHENGINE command above should not interfere with those.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group