Greetings,

I have installed and used Analog 5.91beta1 very successfully on both Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3. I actually used the Darwin distro versions from hmug.org because my primary application was command line.

I am now trying to set up 5.91beta1 on a box running FreeBSD 4.9. A compilation error has thwarted me; I've pasted the relevant section of the transcript below. If I can't get it working, is there any danger in going back to 5.32 with the config files I created for 5.91? From the release notes, it seems that the only change was the addition of LOGOURL, which I don't use. The system is heavily tweaked out, with perl helper scripts and multiple collections of cache files to generate several reports every hour with minimal processor overhead, so I'd rather stick with ol' faithful 5.91 if I can.

Best,

-- Marvin Humphrey

cd libpng && make 'CC=gcc' 'ALLCFLAGS=-O2  -DUNIX'
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c png.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngerror.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngmem.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngset.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngtrans.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngwio.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngwrite.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngwtran.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c pngwutil.c
cd pcre && make 'CC=gcc' 'ALLCFLAGS=-O2  -DUNIX'
gcc -O2  -DUNIX -c pcre.c
cd unzip && make 'CC=gcc' 'ALLCFLAGS=-O2  -DUNIX'
gcc -O2  -DUNIX  -c ioapi.c
gcc -O2  -DUNIX -DNOUNCRYPT  -c unzip.c
unzip.c:63: Invalid token in expression
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/analog-5.91beta1/src/unzip.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/analog-5.91beta1/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/analog-5.91beta1.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/src/analog-5.91beta1#