Hi Kerstin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kerstin Kiraly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 4:39 PM
Subject: [analog-help] Warning: Turning off user report

> Hi:
> I am getting the logs off an external windows 2000 IIS server where
> our website is located.
>
> There logs are saving "Unique visitors" data based on IP addresses
> visiting the website. There is no additional raw logs "field" that
> stores "unique visitors" data.

There is no log on the planet that will give you full 'unique visitors'
info and put a guarantee on it being anything other than 'guesswork' - but
that's not relevant to your problem. Check the bit in the Analog help about
'how the web works' for further clarification of that point. The main thing
is you need to establish is what format (if they have altered it from the
default Win2K IIS output) that they have set up. From the look of your
logfile excerpt, it looks like it could be 'normal' W3 format, so that's a
start.

> Analog doesn't export the data and just turns them off because it
> thinks they are empty.

What error message does it give? Exactly?

> How can I get analog to extract the information.
>
> The entries look like this:
>
> 004-06-20 23:58:00 W3SVC27 WINGSPAN 64.40.96.62 GET
> /Images/findNews.gif - 80 - 195.29.101.191

Mozilla/5.0+(Windows;+U;+Windows+NT+5.1;+en-US;+rv:1.6)+Gecko/20040206+Fire
> ox/0.8 - http://www.mywebsite.com/INTERNATIONAL/DFPro.asp
> www.mywebsite.com 200 1236 0 433 5781

Apart from the missing '2' on the front of that line, everything looks ok,
but maybe is a slightly unusual column order. Regarding the missing 2, I'm
assuming that's an edit problem - if not, it could well be the issue -
Analog won't import a line without a datestamp, and each datestamp must be
'readable' as a date. If that 2 is missing from the file, that's not gonna
help.

Re the column order - is there a bunch of lines in the file starting with #
and saying things like #Date 2004-07-07 and then #Fields date time URL,
proto (etc, etc) - if not, is there any way you can get the Win2K box to
spit those out too (selecting the log output for that webserver in the
Internet Services Manager and choosing the desired W3 format, for
instance).

Failing that, you will have to examine the various columns, and determine
what item of data they are, and then compose a 'LOGFORMAT' command to put
into Analog's main config file. Documentation for this command is in the
manual.

Hope this helps a little - good luck.
Neil