On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Ben Barker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is asked every other day - I found similar posts, but not
> quite the answer (and sorry if this appears twice - at time of posting this
> the preious one seems to have got lost...)
>
> I have set up analog to display stats from a log file generated by IIS that
> continues to grow with no limit. While useful, it would also be nice to
> generate weekly and monthly reports. To do this it would seem to be
> neccesary to set IIS to generate reports at the smallest time period I need
> (in this case weekly) and then from these build up  monthly and finally
> continuous reports. I suspect this could be automated using some VBScript
> wizardry (whether I could write it is another matter!), but am not entirely
> sure. Am I correct in my solution, or am I making a mountain out of a
> molehill?

It's probably easier to run analog several times, once for each report you
want to generate. Using the FROM and TO commands, you can ask for a report
for a specific time period.

You can build up reports from smaller reports using analog's "cache file"
feature, but I would recommend only trying that if the simpler solution
starts to take too long.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
  "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"