On Tuesday, November 23, 2004 6:42 PM [GMT],
Libby Sommer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My log file is called 10_26_2004, and its in a separate directory
> from the sample report that came with Analog.

Then your LOGFILE directive will have to specify the correct path to the
logfile. By default, Analog only looks in the current directory, and the
fact that *.log caught the sample logfile (logfile.log) confirms that
Anbalog was just lokking in the Analog folder.

So change your LOGFILE entry to something like

LOGFILE C:\temp\10_26_2004.log

or wherever it is that you have stored your logfile.

> I have it saved two
> ways in the same directory, .txt and .log (although both are
> displayed as text documents). I tried to change the extension to .txt
> in the configuration, but the report was then blank. Any ideas?

Analog doesn't really care what the file extension of the logfile is -
it will only open it if you tell it to, and if you tell it to open the
logfile, it will open it no matter what extension it has. It sounds as
though you're using Windows, and that you have it configured to "hide"
the file extension. Don't. If the logfile is actually called
10_26_2004.log then that's what you have to tell Analog to open - the
fact that Windows is configured to tell you that the file is called
10_26_2004 instead of 10_26_2004.log is only going to cause confusion.

Go to Tools/Folder Options/View and uncheck "Hide File Extensions for
Known File Types".

Aengus