It's not possible to combine an exclusion from one
report with an exclusion from another report.  That
is, if you exclude a certain IP range, all entries within
that range are excluded without regard to their OS or
their browser.

There is a way to get what you want in Analog if you
run Analog twice.  Run it once to include only friends;
then run it again to include everything.  Next, deduct
totals from the first report from the second.  Note that
this is only practical for the General Summary.

The alternative is preprocessing your server log file.

-- Duke

benbecula wrote:

Hello Im new to the list and I've been experimenting with the config file for some weeks.
The issue I face is excluding friends and family from the results. First of all I've found out what their IP address is and excluded them from the report - fair enough. But obviously people with dynamic IPs will change over time, and my reports span many months. Now, some people's IP changes a little (for example the last octet), but for some it can change quite dramatically, for example from 80.143 to 80.22. Now obviously if I was to exclude 80.* I would be excluding more than just my pals.
I have tried using dns resolution and in some cases it helps. However name resolution for dynamic IPs usually gives a unique dns name each time, usually with the IP address somewhere in the name, or it takes the form of some sort of checksum appended to the ISP domain name.
So, is it possible to combine exclusions? For example can you exclude all those with IP 80.* who using Brower X and have Operating system Y? If this is the case I can identify my pals with more precision.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Steven.

begin:vcard
fn:Duke Hillard
n:Hillard;Duke
org:University of Louisiana at Lafayette;University Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70504-2770;USA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:University Webmaster
tel;work:337.482.5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE