On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Geoff Wiggs wrote:

I've tried that approach, but I get a different error:

C:\analog\analog.exe: Warning F: Can't auto-detect format of logfile
 C:\Apache\Apache2\logs\Giannas.access.log: ignoring it
F: Closing logfile C:\Apache\Apache2\logs\Giannas.access.log

Is there something else I need to do to activate an APACHELOG statement?

My configuration file is set up as below:
APACHELOGFORMAT (%h %a %t %b \"%r\" %>s  \"%{Referer}i\")
LOGFILE C:\Apache\Apache2\logs\Giannas.access.log

Are you sure the LOGFILE is below the APACHELOGFORMAT, like that? And you don't have the LOGFILE also declared higher up, or in another configuration file? The error "can't auto-detect" can only come about when no format has been declared before the LOGFILE command is reached.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
  "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"