On Friday, April 08, 2005 6:48 PM [GMT],
Stamper, Laurie (d'Alzon Library) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FILEINCLUDE Fitzpatrick_PSY352, Fitzpatrick_PSY650, SMITH_EN415
>
> FILEEXCLUDE - */
>
> FILEALIAS */Reserves/Fitzpatrick/PSY352/* Fitzpatrick_PSY352
>
> FILEALIAS */Reserves/Fitzpatrick/PSY650/* Fitzpatrick_PSY650
>
> FILEALIAS */Reserves/Smith/EN415/* Smith_EN415
>
> For output, I'd like to see stats broken down by Professor and then by
> class. For example:
>
> FITZPATRICK
>
>     PSY650 - 6
>
>     PSY352 -2
>
> SMITH
>
>     EN415 - 7
>
> I have already read through the documentation and still can't figure
> this out. Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that you might be better off just using the Subdirectory report,
and don't bother with the FILEALIAS at all. Or use:
FILEALIAS */Reserves/Fitzpatrick/*/* /Fitzpatrick/$2/
FILEALIAS */Reserves/Smith/*/* /Smith/$2/
SUBDIR ON
SUBDIR /Fitzpatrick/*/
SUBDIR /Smith/*/

(If you just want the Reports for Smith and Fitzpatrick).

> P.S. All Reserve files are in pdf format and I read somewhere that
> there is a problem with pdf stats because each page of an accessed
> article is counted as a separate hit, instead of one hit for the
> entire article. Is this true? If so, how can I get around it?

It really depends on your webserver. Most webservers now support partial
requests, and the Adobe reader will request the data a page at a time.
Your Proxy server might handle things differently, though, or you might
be able to disable the functionality in the Server. Given that your
LOGFORMAT includes bytes, you can check on this by Running Analog
against a single .pdf file (FILEINCLUDE */example.pdf) and looking at
the File Size Report (SIZE ON). If all the hits are the same size, then
it's not a problem, if they are different sizes, then you might have an
issue).

Aengus