Support for analog web log analyzer wrote:

Hello

I am running reports on some log files I've been given. They seem
sequential and from the same time period but I keep getting the following
errors:
/usr/local/analog/analog-6.0/analog: Warning
D: In Browser Report, SORTBY (pages) doesn't match FLOOR (requests)
/usr/local/analog/analog-6.0/analog: Warning
L: logfiles /logs/webserver/server1/de/http/access.complete.200502010000.Z
and /logs/webserver/server1/de/http/access.complete.200502020000.Z
overlap:
possible double counting

It seems to be suggesting that the logs for subsequent days share at least
some of the same information.  Does anyone know of a method to override
these errors and get the reports to run?

The reports do run - it's only a warning, so you should decide whether you're happy with the resulting stats, or not - but they should be there.
You should fix the first warning - browser sortby/floor discrepancy.

It would be nice if analog (or some other tool) could do a more careful check on 'possible duplicates' - I see the same (from our demon.co.uk hosted site) - could/has that been done ? It shouldn't be too onerous to check any 'out of period' lines for exact duplication, should it ?

Chris

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of CCA Group.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.  The contents of
this message may be confidential and/or privileged, copyright CCA Group
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.  Whilst this message has been scanned, CCA Group
cannot guarantee that it is virus free or compatible with your systems
and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its
use. The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus software. If
you receive this message in error please contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately, destroy any copies and delete it
from your computer systems.