On Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:43 PM [GMT],
Stephanie Lamphere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't get Analog to produce a report... I have been getting this
> error message:
>
> [logfile path/name] contains lines with no bytes:
>   byte counts may be low

That's not an error message, it's a warning. Analog willl still process
the log and generate a report, it just won't include any information
about Bytes or %Bytes in it's reports.

> I have found documentation about this error that tells me what it
> means, but have no idea how to fix it. I have tried upgrading Analog
> to ver 6, going back to the default config file, and removing the
> offending log file (in which case it moves to the next one, and tells
> me that one contains lines with no bytes)...

You can't fix it by changing Analog, because it's not a problem with
Analog, it's a problem with your logfiles.

> FYI, I am running Analog on Windows 2000, log file is on a Win2000
> server (running IIS). I had been running Analog 5.32, running
> automatically every day, then all of a sudden (apparently in
> February) it stopped producing reports, and started producing this
> error.

Are you sure that this warning wasn't being generated all along, and you
only started to pay attention when your reports broke for some other
reason?

> I've gone back to the logging properties in IIS manager and added
> bytes sent and bytes received, which - if this was the problem - I
> assume will help on a going forward basis, but is there any way to
> process/view the logs that didn't have that data (Feb - Apr)? Any
> idea why this happened (it was working - producing reports, and now
> it's not)?
>
> Any suggestions or help or ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!

Post the first 6 lines from one of your log files - the 4 lines starting
with # and 2 lines of data.

Aengus