Hello,

A few months ago, I posted here about trouble with Analog (reading only around 1GB instead of the actual amount) reading my logfiles. I've analyzed Analog's behaviour in this period and noticed something:

When Apache is busy writing to the (bussiest) logfile (I run a multiple Log-file configuration), Analog seems to be unable to read the log and seems to skip it. It became obvious when I started monitoring the statistics. The stats from 06:00 and 12:00 are correct, but the stats generated 18:00 is almost always incorrect, missing the same entry's every time. The 00:00 stats vary, depending on the amount of traffic during midnight.

Can anyone explain this strange behaviour? It is quite easy to regenerate the error on a busy Apache 2.0.49 webserver. Just monitor the amount of hits at a given time, and run Analog on all the Apache logs when it's quite busy.

Is this a bug?

Rudi