A colleague and myself have been having the worst time trying to get analog to do a simple thing:

count only the occurences of one single file in the access logs.

and with no luck at all.

We've been using analog for apache log processing for years now, and never have had many issues.  Maybe something is escaping us, but basically we've put a 1x1 pixel gif on the site, on only those pages that we'd like to count, and want to only include that in our reports:

/images/thing.gif?0485033001125610205

where the number is a timestamp, to prevent browser caching.

That's it.  We want to ignore everything else.  At this point we don't care about referrers or DNS.  We just want an accurate count of pageviews, and since this case 1 page=

We've been over and over the excludes/includes list.  Can someone please help ?
I can't imagine that it's not something like:

PAGEINCLUDE /images/thing.gif
FILEINCLUDE /images/thing.gif
ARGSEXCLUDE /images/thing.gif

and that's it, right ?  I'd hate to think that in this case analog could be replaced with "zgrep -c thing.gif /var/logs/*-access.log.gz"

thanks in advance.
john