On Monday, July 17, 2006 2:05 PM [EDT],
Marian Vicena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think it does not work as it should.

Here is example of daily report:

13/Jul/06       0       0
14/Jul/06       0       0
15/Jul/06       2345468 100559  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

16/Jul/06       106052  4689    ++

It seems to count only the latest log.

It counts what you tell it to count.

I defined CACHEFILE. Do I have to set also CACHEOUTFILE ? When i did
so the log processing could not be completed the next day because the
CACHEOUTFILE already existed.

CACHEFILE tells Analog where to find the cachefile that you created previously with CACHEOUTFILE. Analog will not overwrite an exsting cachefile.

Whan am I doing wrong?

The simplest and most effective way to use cachefiles is to create a seperate cachefile for each logfile. Then, when you want to create a weekly or monthly report, run Analog against just the cachefiles.

Alternatively, you can also run Analog against yesterdays cachefile and yesterdays logfile to create a new cachefile that you will use with todays logfile, etc. But if you're not careful, you can end up counting the same traffic multiple times.

Unless you're dealing with several gigabytes of logs per day, simply zipping your logs may be a more effective way to solve whatever problems you were having in the first place.

Aengus