Aengus,
        Looks like the problem is with the fact that I am using UNIX for
processing.  It does not work on my system regardless.  I follow all
your instructions.  Here is the output from running the analog.

OUTPUT
bash-2.05$ ./analog -O- /tmp/analog_bug.sample.log
./analog: analog version 6.0/Unix
F: Closing configuration file /software/Analog/analog.cfg
./analog: Warning D: In Daily Report, GRAPH (P) isn't included in COLS
  (For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
F: Opening /software/Analog/lang/uk.lng as language file
F: Closing language file /software/Analog/lang/uk.lng
F: Opening /software/Analog/lang/ukdom.tab as domains file
F: Closing domains file /software/Analog/lang/ukdom.tab
F: Opening /software/Analog/lang/ukdesc.txt as report descriptions file
F: Closing report descriptions file /software/Analog/lang/ukdesc.txt
F: Opening /tmp/analog_bug.sample.log as logfile
./analog: Warning F: Can't auto-detect format of logfile
/tmp/analog_bug.sample.
log: ignoring it
F: Closing logfile /tmp/analog_bug.sample.log
S: Successful requests: 0
S: Redirected requests: 0
S: Failed requests: 0
S: Requests returning informational status code: 0
S: Status code not given: 0
S: Unwanted lines: 0
S: Corrupt lines: 0
F: Opening stdout as output file
./analog: Warning R: Turning off empty time reports
./analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Status Code Report
x,VE,analog 6.0
x,HN,[my organisation]

Analog.cfg
DEBUG ON
LOGFORMAT (%S - %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j %j] "%j %r %j" %c %b)
LOGFORMAT (%S - %u\n [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j %j] "%j %r %j" %c %b)
LOGFILE /tmp/analog_bug.sample.log

Thanks.