On Friday, August 24, 2007 8:34 AM [EDT],
Martin O\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Shea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello

I want to use Analog to process a range of dates where there is one
log file for each date.

The only way I can see to do this at at moment is to write each log
file name to analog.cfg like this:

LOGFILE "C:\Program Files\Analog\analog 6.0
\Monolith2Test\monolith2_access_log.2007-08-08.txt"
LOGFILE "C:\Program Files\Analog\analog 6.0
\Monolith2Test\monolith2_access_log.2007-08-09.txt"

and so on.

Is there another way to do this at all?

You could do LOGFILE *.txt use the FROM and TO commands to tell Analog to ignore data that falls outside the specified date range (Analog would read all of the logfiles), or you could write the necessary logic into the batch file that calls Analog. Unless your log files are etremely large (gigabytes each), I'd just go for the first method. If you're doing lots of reports, zipping the logfiles first will speed things up.

Aengus