Terri Saunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using analog 6.0
>
> Can you please tell me how to display the organisation name in the
> organisation report, rather than the number as shown below?

http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq140

By default, Analog doesn't resolve the IP addresses recorded in your logfile
into DNS names. For a small log (up to a couple of hundred IP addresses), you
can have Analog do the lookups by adding these two lines to your analog.cfg
file:

DNSFILE dnscache
DNS WRITE

Because DNS lookups are slow, an Analog report that runs in 2 or 3 seconds
without doing DNS lookups might take 10 minutes or an hour with DNS lookups.
(Running Analog against the same logfile a second time will be faster, because
the DNS lookups will be cached in the dnscache file).

There are a number of "helper applications" that can be used to create that DNS
cache file. They are a lot faster than Analog at doing DNS lookups, so if you
have more than a couple of hundred IP addresses to deal with, they may be worth
the added complexity.

Aengus