On Monday, December 10, 2007 9:37 PM [EDT],
Ken Mooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi,
  My problem is  with LOGFORMAT. I thought I read to use the format
 from my httpd.conf file so I have. It loads a page with a few
records but gives me the errors below: I have degugging turned on
and have tried several differnet examples of format including not
using one and can't quite seem to get it right yet.

 Any help you can offer would be great !

 Thanks,
 Ken

 From httpd.conf - this is what I used in analog.cf
 APACHELOGFORMAT (%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\")

 A piece of the access log, I modified this because it has customer
info but this is the format.
11.11.111.111 - - [30/Nov/2007:12:04:04 -0600] "GET
/abc/ws/DI-4367/css/horizont
al_menu_styles.css HTTP/1.0" 200 2646 "https://customer/site";
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; S
V1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1)"

That line matches the APACHELOGFORMAT above - if all the lines in your logformat match that line, then you shoudn't have a problem.

 The tail of the error.log
analog: Warning L: Large number of corrupt lines in logfile test.gz:
 turn debugging on or try different LOGFORMAT
   Current logfile format:
     %S %j %j [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j%w%r%wHTTP%j" %c %b "%f" "%B"\n

This logformat also matches the sample line you provided, but it DOESN'T match the APACHELOGFORMAT command - the 3rd field is %u in your APACHELOGFORMAT. That suggests that your APACHELOGFORMAT isn't being read, and that Analog is autoparsing the log entries (the sample line you provided will be recognized automatically anyway). You mentioned analog.cf above - is that a typo for analog.cfg?

You'll have to run Analog with DEBUG ON to see which log entries Analog is seeing as corrupt. It will also give you an indication of which field in the line doesn't match the LOGFORMAT that Analog is using.

Aengus