steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I showing some odd stats in my analog, as compared to a simple
> "impression tracker" I have scripted on a page.
>
> Quite simply, I pull a random image from a database and display it on
> the screen, then I update that database record by adding 1 to the
> impression count.  Very simple.
>
> 1. get random image from database
> 2. display image
> 3. update database impression count (+1)
>
> But I get very skewed results, here are my impression counts for one
> particular banner through my simple script:
> Impressions: 100121
>
> Yet Analog shows this:
> 4297  0.16%  19/Mar/08 15:50  /banners/468x60.jpg
>
> So I've recorded over 100,000 impressions, but analog only recorded
> 4297 requests.

Actually, Analog said that your web server only recorded 4297 requests.

It's not immediately obvious how a request for 468x60.jpg is supposed to
trigger the update process you describe above - .jpg is usually a static file
type. But a useful sanity check would be to see what Analog shows as the number
of requests for the page that the .jpg file is embedded in. Is it more in line
with the 4297 number or the 100121 number?

Aengus