Hi,

[ re-formatted due to top-posting ]

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 11:21:49AM -0500, Oliver Keyes wrote:
> On 4 February 2015 at 14:21, Michael Shaw <michael.and.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have to use your data for an assignment and need to know what is the
> > timezone to which you are naming your pagecount files?
>
> Our files should be UTC-based, because our servers are.

They not only “should”, but actually “are” in UTC.

But note that those timestamps in the filename are tricky, as they
(for legacy reasons) show the timestamp when the file got written.
Hence, they might be 1 hour off from what one might expect.

See for example here:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Analytics/Pagecounts-raw#dumps.wikimedia.org

Have fun,
Christian