On May 22, 2015, at 2:15 PM, Erik Zachte <ezac...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Historically consistent? Hmm, the article's main story is about how
> historical in-wiki data are unreliable and a periodic recount is needed. Just
> saying.

by “historically consistent” I mean not subject to arbitrary changes making
measurement foo at time t1 incommensurable with foo at time t2. Aaron and I put
a good deal of thinking into how to avoid recounts or issues due to arbitrary
software configuration changes.

> And the main theme in comments is “do we care about article count?"

agreed. I added a note in the comments on work related to quality assessment.