On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Dan Andreescu <dandree...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> I'm not saying it's easy, but I think having documentation in more than
> one place is an awful experience for newcomers.

I second this as a problem. I make a joke of it each time I want to explain
to a newcomer what is documented where, it's much better if we can solve it
though.

> I know a lot of research stuff is on meta, so maybe in your case it makes
> sense to standardize on meta and point to it from the other wikis.

This can work for the type of documentation I have on Meta. Moving my
current documentation out of Meta is also an option (it's really not
discoverable to newcomers and those outside of the Movement) as long as I
can have a bigger picture of how we envision the future of documentations.

Neil, this conversation may take some time to settle. My recommendation is
that you document your work somewhere that makes sense to you based on the
type of work currently documented in the different places. You can always
move it out of there. Don't let figuring out where to document it becomes a
barrier for documentation. :-)

Leila