hey Andrew,

we're monitoring the impact of this change (which we rolled out on 2/22)
with a number of external partners (BBC, Le Monde, JSTOR, Elsevier) and
we're planning to write a full report in April. Elsevier reported that in
June visible inbound traffic from Wikipedia dropped by 99% in June 2015.
This change should fix this, while preserving the privacy of our readers
browsing content over HTTPS.

Background:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikimedia_referrer_policy

Dario

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Andrew Lih <andrew....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks James, Dan, Chris and all for the quick answer.
>
> Nice to see this change. As Alex Stinson pointed out in the Phabricator
> discussion, it helps with our GLAM partners so they can keep tracking how
> much referral traffic comes from WM projects.
>
> -Andrew
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Chris Steipp <cste...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T87276
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Dan Andreescu <dandree...@wikimedia.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I think this is more of an ops question, cc-ing them.

*Dario Taraborelli  *Head of Research, Wikimedia Foundation
wikimediafoundation.org • nitens.org • @readermeter
<http://twitter.com/readermeter>