Hi Verena,

Here's a quick and dirty approach using the Quarry query system:

https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/9463

- this counts all registered accounts (in this case, on the English
Wikipedia) with a registration date before January 2016, January 2015,
etc - in other words, a snapshot at the end of every calendar year.
Change the time divisions or project ("enwiki_p") as needed for your
purposes. (It takes a while to run, though...).

I don't think it would be easy to get *all* registered accounts across
all wikis - there will be a lot of double-counting until single-user
login was finally sorted out.

Andrew.

On 3 May 2016 at 13:28, Verena Lindner <verena.lind...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> does anybody know a way how to get the number of registered accounts for
> specific dates without the criteria of the number of edits, just the
> registered accounts, preferrably with publicly available data.
>
> In case you are wondering why we want to know: We are currently gathering
> statistics about the development of editor numbers and this is one of our
> metrics.
>
> Best
>
> Verena
>
> --
> Verena Lindner
> Projektmanagerin Know-how
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland e. V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk