Hi!

In our quest to make teh GPU-equipped machines in analytics ever more useful,
we are going to update the rocm software suite and driver on stat1005 and
stat1008 to the latest version, 3.8.0.

Since this will necessitate a reboot, this is the early warning that on
2020-11-23 (Friday), I will update stat1005.  Disruption will likely be less
than an hour. In case the update breaks stuff, we will roll back to v3.3.0.

The update of stat1008 will happen next week, on 2020-11-27 Tuesday, and there
will be a separate reminder for that on Monday.

I will send an all-clear message to these lists once the update is done. For
more details on the process, see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T264408

As always, if there is anything out of order, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Tobias

--
Tobias Klausmann, SRE, Wikimedia Foundation