1. Should be /data/data/com.organization.android.app.myapplication/
files/test.txt

2. I think it is possible to use normal file i/o code (by normal, I
mean not using openFileOutput) to do this.

3. There isn't anything stopping another app from reading it.

4. I found this: http://blogs.sun.com/manveen/entry/blob_vs_file_system_storage
which might give you an idea, although I don't really agree with all
of it. For example:

#  The whole point of storing data in a SQL database, is to put some
kind of ordering and structure on your data, as well as being able to
search on these data. But how do you search in the
#  binary data of a picture?

That's what other columns in the table are for. Just because a column
is there doesn't mean you need to search with it.