HI,

I got a question about porting.

For example there is a SIP stack libraries written in java which is
called mjsip available at http://www.mjsip.org/

Now I heard we can do porting the code to make it work for Google's
Android platform
[source:
http://blog.roychowdhury.org/2008/04/02/mjsip-sip-stack-port-for-google-android-released/]

I am just wondering what do they mean by porting. In other words,
mjsip is also in java and android is also in java, so what else do we
need to do instead of using mjsip directly.

I am java learner in beginners stage. I need to do this porting in one
of my projects.

I hope somebody would clarify my question.

Thanks,
Jo