Well, what I did was read the AIDL tutorial and run the RemoteService
and RemoteServiceBinding examples.  The way I undestood it was that
interfaces are interfaces to a service, and that's the thing you
declare in the AndroidManifest.xml.  you bind to the service and
through the ServerConnection callback you get one or more interfaces
to the service.

how would you declare an interface in the AndroidManifex.xml ?

thank you