Hi, I've been looking for a way of doing this, maybe it's just my lack
of thought, or maybe I'm just too noob at Java, but I'm trying to get
EditText text (can do this), send to a string (can also do this)
convert to int, add to a global int, and then write the global int to
a TextView. Here is my code:

final int totalCost=0;
btnAddCost.setOnClickListener(new Button.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(View v) {
                final String value = btnAddCost.getText().toString();
                totalCost = Integer.parseInt(value);
                txtTotalCost.setText("$"+totalCost);
            }
        });

Eclipse returns an error saying:
The final local variable totalCost cannot be assigned, since it is
defined in an enclosing type

Any ideas? Basically what it is, is a price updater, adds the amount
of money you typed in, to the TextView (txtTotalCost)