Ummm, Android doesn't actually run a Java VM. Its runs Dalvik. All
your questions are fairly basic and covered by things like "What is
Android?" ( http://code.google.com/android/what-is-android.html ) and
the FAQs ( http://code.google.com/android/kb/index.html ). There are
some great intro videos on YouTube (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FJHYqE0RDg&eurl=http://code.google.com/android/