Hi rahul,

have experimented yesterday with that ... should look like this

  public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
        super.onCreate(icicle);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        spinner = (Spinner) this.findViewById(R.id.spinner1);
        map = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.map);
        mc = map.getController();

        ArrayAdapter<CharSequence> adapter = new
ArrayAdapter<CharSequence>(this,
android.R.layout.simple_spinner_dropdown_item);
        for (int i = 0; i < locations.length; i++)
                adapter.addObject(locations[i][0]);

adapter.setDropDownViewResource(android.R.layout.simple_spinner_dropdown_item);
        spinner.setAdapter(adapter);
        spinner.setOnItemSelectedListener(selectListener);
        gotoSelected();
    }
    /*
     * You need this function to select a spinner
     */
        private OnItemSelectedListener selectListener = new
OnItemSelectedListener() {
                public void onItemSelected(AdapterView parent, View v, int
position,
long id) {
                        gotoSelected();
                }
                public void onNothingSelected(AdapterView arg0) {}
        };

        /*
         *  This function is to get the value of the selected spinner row
         *  from the array initialized at top. To get the position of the
selected spnner
         *  getSelectedItemPosition() is called
         */
        public void gotoSelected() {
                int pos = spinner.getSelectedItemPosition();
        }