ssfsx17 wrote:
> 3. How do I clean up the applications installed on the emulator?

I don't have an emulator running at the moment, but I think it is:

adb shell "rm /data/app/..."

where ... is the name of your application's APK file, or a wildcard
spec. Note that the API demos (ApiDemos.apk) and other things are in
that directory, so don't blow them all away with a * unless that's
really what you want.

> 4. Is it possible to define String resources in any kind of tree-like
> form? I'm trying to avoid using the whole DOM / SAX stuff as much as
> possible for parsing some local XML files and would prefer some
> XMLBeans-like methods.

Files put in res/xml/ are then available via Resources#getXML(), which
returns a pull parser.

I don't think there are any XMLBeans-style APIs in Android, though you
may be able to find one that layers atop one of the built-in XML APIs.

> 5. Where can I put other JARs? Would I make a new Lib directory or
> would I put them under Res?

I can't speak for Eclipse.

With the M5 edition of the Ant build.xml, there is no built-in spot for
JARs. I've been creating a lib/ directory under my project root and
updating build.xml to include those JARs when compiling and packaging.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com