Hi tmoriarty!

Can you specify a little bit more about your software environment (O.S., JDK
version, IDE)?

I´ve installed Android both under Windows XP and Vista using the JDK 6 and
Eclipse and everything worked just fine.  I still haven´t tried it yet, but
I´m going to install it under Linux Ubuntu.  I´ll let you know if I can
achieve this, so you have other alternatives for your installation.

Have a nice day!

Juan