I found the problem.  If I would of read down a little further in the
Google documentation I would have seen where it says that if you have
a failure with the https url then use http .  I changed it to
http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ and the problem went away.

BTW:  I noticed that iPhone IUI applications work the same on the
Android Browser simulator as they do on the iPhone.  Both are based on
the webkit browser code.  This will help developers considerably who
have written webapps for the iPhone.  They will run on Android pretty
much unchanged.  The only thing I had to do was to sense the Android
User Agent and if it was from Android then treat it the same as if it
was from an iPhone.  URL of my webapp  www.gpa.me .

-Al