You must wait one or two minute(s).

When you open Dalvik, you will see an mobile phone on the screen, and
the text 'ANDROID' in the screen. You must wait a few seconds (20 or
30 seconds). After that, you will see a graphic screen showing a red
particle moving arround the screen. Wait again 20 or 30 seconds, and
you'll see your application.

TIP: Don't close Dalvik after test your application! If you close
Dalvik you must wait another minute next time that you wan't to test
your application. Instead close it, you should let it on background
and back to the IDE. If you need to test your application, just run
the application and change to the Dalvik window. You will see your
application without waiting a lot!