Okay, we struggled with this problem forever, the solution is:

You need to install Sun Java 6 (this is needed both to use the HTTPS
and to use the keystore, even if you are installing from HTTP or from
local file)

Follow the instructions here and make sure you also select the correct
Java version to use (as it states in the article)
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java