Hello everyone,

After a wonderful GoogleDeveloperDay yesterday I started a simple Maps
Project today. The idea is to put maps.fon.com in your android phone. I
will start simple and then extend the features...

the source is to be found at http://code.google.com/p/fonmaps/

the problem is that i cannot start the simplest application. i studied
the samples and have some code examples from the gdd. If someone could
give me a hand and show me how I can fix the problem, i would be very
thankful.

Basically I only do this:

    public class HelloActivity extends MapActivity {
        private MapView mMapView;

        @Override
            super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

            mMapView = new MapView(this, "MapViewCompassDemo_DummyAPIKey");

            mMapView.getController().setZoom(18);
            mMapView.setClickable(true);
            mMapView.setEnabled(true);

            setContentView(mMapView);
        }
        @Override
        protected boolean isRouteDisplayed() { return false; }
    }

I tried all kinds of combinations with different views but cannot get
anythng working...

thx for your help

Falko