Hi fellows,

first of all, please don't hit me for asking stupid question. :) I'm
quite a novice when it comes to Java (J2EE, J2ME, J2SE), but I'm a
totally n00b when it comes to android. The tutorials are very helpful
although I needed several tries to get a ListActivity working (using a
ListAdapter)... my approach to just display an array of Strings didn't
work... That should have been the easiest solution, since I have a
fixed number of items to display in the list...

This is what I did:

private String[] someStringArrayThatShouldWork = {"Test1", "Test2"};

in the onCreate method:

setListAdapter(new ArrayAdapter<String>(this,
                android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1,
someStringArrayThatShouldWork));
getListView().setTextFilterEnabled(true);

I received an exception whenever I wanted to start the app. Is there
anything else I need? That exception was something like "need ID for
TextView" or something...

But basically I'd like to have something like that:

A list, which is semi-transparent printed on a background image! That
background image should change when ever the device is rotated to it's
widescreen "outfit". You should see the background image and also the
list entrie about it. (65% opacity)

Can someone give me some hints where to start... I've already checked
the API demos... But I didn't even get the simple List (String Array
example) to work... :)

Regards and thank you very much in advance,

Sascha