Actually Flash is available on other platforms. FlashLite is Adobe's
offering for mobile devices consisting of a shrunk version of Flash 8
and according to Adobe can display fully functional flash websites
while embedded into a mobile browser.
In fact the latest iteration of this software FlashLite3 is already in
use on some Symbian S60 3rd Edition phones, notably the Nokia N95 8GB
and the Nokia N96.
I use the N95 and have been able to view flash videos on many websites
within the nokia browser, unfortunately youtube isn't available in its
native format as it uses Flash 9 but there is a mobile version of the
site which you are automatically redirected to which offers all the
videos in H.264 format (this means it plays in RealPlayer instead of
in the browser).
I would assume that this is the same source used by the iphone and
probably by android.