A few comments, FWIW:

First, as you may have seen on many Digg and Reddit threads, PLEASE do not
put a single article across multiple pages. It is helpful, especially for a
tutorial, to be able to scroll back to a section, and then scroll to where
you were as you begin to understand why things are done a certain way.

Second, in a couple places you comment that the comments make the code "self
explanitory". Actually, they don't. Oh, they make sense to someone after
they've played around for it a while, but (for example) the use of the fill
in a view is not patently obvious at first.

Finally, I think it would be great (and maybe you're already working on it)
to show how this app can be broadened by using just a few more APIs to do
things like hit an online currency converter, or to save your virtual
"receipt" to a DB on the phone so you can turn in your expense report.

I'm glad to see folks working on building the very necessary documentation
for building apps, and appreciate the effort you've already put in.
Hopefully the comments above will help you make this even better.