-Explanation (You can skip this part if you want)
My idea was inspired from the "Locale" app.

Although my G1 was pre-ordered and will not be received until nov 10.
The reason I am saying this is because I have tried to get more info
on "Local" or other apps to see if anyone else has already came up
with this idea.

-Beginning....
I currently have a tmobile dash living in a non 3g area nor do we have
any hotspots (I don't think we would ever get ether one because we
only have 1 tmobile tower in our town as it is.) But I do travel to
other city's that DO have hotspots and MIGHT have 3g.

-The Idea
I want my phone to be able to pull tmobile hotspot location data from
tmobiles/3rd partys website and similar to "Local" when I am in range
using gps and there is no 3g in the area. Automatically turn on wifi
(I know leaving it on sucks down the battery, because of my dash) and
automatically connect to the tmobile hotspot. Also have adjustable
settings in there where it would only activate after being in range of
the hotspot for x secs. That way if you are driving through an area
with multiple hotspots the g1 would not turn on and off repeatedly (Or
I guess you could use the gps, if it detects you are going more than
5mph never switch on wifi. Something along those lines)

-Additional features
1)Have a manual add function where you can setup wifi at you house (or
anywhere) and when it detects you are at your house/custom location it
will automatically turn on wifi and connect.

2)Option where it turns on wifi even with 3g is detected.

3)Be able to download a custom xml/xls/txt/whatever list from a
wardriver site.

4)Be able to switch on or off custom wifi locations.

5)Have a time setting where it would only turn on/connect at certain
times. (Example at your house you prob would not want it running all
of the time)

6)Have a detect feature where if you are not in range of a hotspot but
you are close and you open an internet browser or something. Have it
notify you that there is a close wifi and you could connect if you
were just a bit closer.

6A)Custom application triggers for "close range" feature. So you could
open an "internet browser" or "google maps" or "whatever you want" as
a trigger to warn you.

7)Be able to share custom wifi locations with your "approved" friends
with a g1.

-Finish
This is just something I was thinking about, I really don't care if
someone else make this or even "local" adds it to there program. But I
was wanting to make an app and I think this would be a very good idea
to start with.

Let me know what you guys think. Ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Also, I was thinking if I should try and make the app work with
"Local" or try and make a completely new app.

Thanks,
-Matt